Best Epoxy for live rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bob48

I recently rearranged some of the rock work in my tank and some pieces need to be epoxied together to make them more stable.Anybody know of some good epoxy that will work underwater.

Thanks...Bob

Water Weld by Weld-on works underwater and is non-toxic. It's available at most home improvement stores.

Eric
Oceans by Design
1055 Andover Park E
Tukwila, WA 98188
206-575-5006

I did a google search for water weld by Weld-on and the only thing that comes up is J-B weld/waterweld white epoxy it states that it is non toxic and is approved by NSF for use with potable water.I got on Weld-on's web site and found there epoxy putty stick, it also says that it is non toxic and safe for potable water, when I try to google Weld-on epoxy putty stick the only thing that comes up is the J-B weld.Do you know if these are the same and that J-B is buying the epoxy form Weld-on and selling it under there brand name.

Thanks for the help....Bob

Love Waterweld!

Here's a pic for easy identification on the shelf.

Attachments

• weldon.jpg
    weldon.jpg
    57.6 KB
I have 2 tips. Make sure to knead it so it is fully mixed and wear gloves. The stuff stinks big time!

If you use it to attach frags to rocks, I would use a layered approach: frag plug->ic gel->epoxy->ic gel->rock.

Last edited:
I have been using two little fish epoxy putty and prefer to use this type because it is grey in color. The other ones are white, pink, or purple and they are brighter than the corals and a distraction when looking at the tank IMO.

Back