Best glue for glass ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

plack

Sea Otter
Hello I am getting ready to start up my son's tank and I want to put glass from front to back at the top to keep it from bowing and add support now what adhesive sealant or glue is best ? Silicone sealant is for controlling leaks but is that for this application as well ?

Thats best for me. You know those huge roll up awniings on the side of big R.V.s. When installing you put a line of silicone all the way down a little rail and then screw it to the side of the rv. The spring tension is those things will break your hands. I took all of the screws out of the rail on one I was replacing and then opened it all the way. The silicone was the only thing holding it. Its pretty stout. Steve

Silicone is the best, however check the tube to make sure it is for aquariums. If its not it will say so. Or buy it from you lfs. Dont know why some say not to use, they just do. maybe someone else can answer that one.

Dow Corning 995 its blk but its the best ge make a clear silicone that is reef safe but clear always fades and bubbles in joints... use the dow corning it the best

Back