best hang on back skimmer bak pak?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

syddakyd

what do you guys recoment for my 55g i need a HOB skimmer due to space restrictions.

i hear/see the red sea prizm skimmer and bak pak are both great skimmers, which is more reputable/powerful/useful and actually works, unlike this POS seaclone

You've heard wrong... Any Red Sea skimmer is POS IMO. The bakpak is not far behind...

My preffered for a HOB skimmer, is the AquaC remora, or deltec if you have more $$$... :D

-Josh-:cool:

Skimmer

I'm running the Remora Pro on a 46. I don't have a real heavy bio load yet, but it should be fine even as I add animals. I would suggest the per-filter box / pump cover depending on your budget. It helps take the film off the top of the water and improves the efficiency of the skimmer. I ran without it for several months and everything was fine but it does make things even better.

I had to play with the height of the skimmer cup to eliminate the micro-bubbles. It wasn't hard to get it dialed in. The pre-filter is also supposed to eliminate them.

got ya. i noticed there are 3 differnet pumps, do you guys recoment the maxi jet out of all of them?

I also have the Remora pro for my tank along with the preskimmer box. I am using the mag3 pump and have been very pleased so far. Of course, it's only been running for a week, but none the less I love the skimmer. It's quiet and efficient, and so far very easy to use.

Back