Best LFS's in Seattle?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blackhart

I am trying to find some good local fish stores here in the Seattle area. I have been told not to go to "The Fish Store" (actual name) because of so called questionable practices. Anyone of any?

Barrier reef in renton, blue sierra in issaqua and A RED SEA AQUARIUM in north beach.
They are all sponsors for this site.
My personal favourite is Barrier reef but all of these stores have knowledgeable staff and good to ok prices.

Oh yeh, there is also saltwater city in bellevue

IMO, BRA and RSA are two of the better stores in the area. This is where the majority of my business will be.

Kirk

I think Barrier Reef is by far the best. Blue Sierra is good, but I find their coral prices to be a little on the insane side (though not quite as insane as Saltwater City). A Red Sea Aquarium is nice, with very knowledgeable employees and great prices. Just a tad small, though. ARSA had several Bartlett's Anthias for $40 last time I was there. Those are usually $50-60 elsewhere, including BR.

I think Barrier Reef is by far the best. Blue Sierra is good, but I find their coral prices to be a little on the insane side (though not quite as insane as Saltwater City). A Red Sea Aquarium is nice, with very knowledgeable employees and great prices. Just a tad small, though. ARSA had several Bartlett's Anthias for $40 last time I was there. Those are usually $50-60 elsewhere, including BR.

TWallace you must be a mind reader. I would have said the exact same thing.

Perhaps we should get a full list of all the LFS in the Seattle are and have a poll on a new thread? Thoughts...

Clarks Feed And Seed, Bellingham
Conway Tropical Fish, Conway (freshwater)
Bridges Pets, Lake Stevens
Reef Mystique, Lake Stevens
Jones And Company, Marysville
Petpourri, Everett (freshwater)
A Red Sea Aquariums, Shoreline
Denny's Pet World, Kirkland
The Fish Store, Seattle
Little Amazon, Seattle
Kings Discus, Seattle (freshwater)
Liams, Seattle (disgusting)
New Store In International District (forgot Name)
Blue Sierra, Factoria
Blue Sierra, Issaquah
Fish Gallery, Renton
Fish Gallery Kent
Saltwater City, Bellevue
Barrier Reef, Renton

What Am I Missing?

Clarks Feed And Seed, Bellingham
Conway Tropical Fish, Conway (freshwater)
Bridges Pets, Lake Stevens
Reef Mystique, Lake Stevens
Jones And Company, Marysville
Petpourri, Everett (freshwater)
A Red Sea Aquariums, Shoreline
Denny's Pet World, Kirkland
The Fish Store, Seattle
Little Amazon, Seattle
Kings Discus, Seattle (freshwater)
Liams, Seattle (disgusting)
New Store In International District (forgot Name)
Blue Sierra, Factoria
Blue Sierra, Issaquah
Fish Gallery, Renton
Fish Gallery Kent
Saltwater City, Bellevue
Barrier Reef, Renton

What Am I Missing?

I would add:

The Shark Reef, Silverdale

There's also Indoor Reef in Tacoma and Ocean Reef Aquatics in Poulsbo if you're going outside of Seattle.

~ S

Red Sea is great for fish. They have very competative prices with online stores, and all fish are healthy as hell when ever I go in. They gets some wicked rare stuff on occassion too. They're lacking in inverts though. IMO, they should stick with fish.

Barrier Reef is by far the best for corals. Top selections at down to earth prices.

Indoor Reef has always amazed me with their invert prices and availability. I've gotten large lots of snails from them that beat every single online price on the net. They get some good selection of fish and corals as well.

So from deep south, to far north, those are the 3 top LFS IMHO for Seattle.

Indoor Reef has always amazed me with their invert prices and availability. I've gotten large lots of snails from them that beat every single online price on the net. They get some good selection of fish and corals as well.

Looks like I might have to make a trip to Tacoma, and check them out.

If you are north Reef Mystique in Lake Stevens is great, Will that owns it s a good resource. His coral prices are way better thatn anybody else up here and he is very knowledgable. He doesn't have a lot of equipment on hand but his coral selection is always good as is the conversation. Jones & Co. on the other hand..... Bridges is a nice store also, if you go there you want to talk to Jeff.

Poll denies me access - So I vote for the Chronic Reefer, although I know Barrier Reef has cool stuff and Shark Reef always hooks me up as does Ocean Reef Aquatics. Indoor Reef is always worth the trip if I get down that way. Blue Sierra used to be alright, but I always get there after the store is closed. I give up, they are all unique in their own way.

Jon

The poll was removed. The opinions and data collected ther could potentially hurt the sponorship of RF, and none of us want that. Sorry everyone.

Back