best lighting for 16gal corallimorph nano?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaNo Reef

Hi all,

Tank dimensions: 20L X 10W X 19H.

I was considering the 96 watt quad coralife (50/50). Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

C

Welcome to RF!!! Hope you enjoy it here:) I have to be honest, that's the first time I've ever heard the term "corallimorph" being used :oops: not sure exactly what it means, but at 6 watts per gal, you should be able to keep quite a bit in there. Hopefully someone else will chime in and good luck with your nano:)

What types of coral are you thinking of keeping. This will help us give you a good answer to your lighting question. The light you stated will be good for most mushrooms, and zoanthids as well as a bunch of lps corals. SPS corals are different story...you could keep scrolls but anything other then i stated i would go for t-5 or metal halide lighting....HTH....and......welcome to the family!:D

Regards
willie

Corallimorphs are Discosoma, Rhodactis, Ricordea, etc.

Err.... mushrooms, hairy mushrooms and the like.

EDIT:: That fixture should be more than enough. I have the same fixture. Just keep in mind that you may want to have Ricordea closer to the light than the other types of mushrooms. Though in a tank that size, it shouldn't really matter too much.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lighting comments FUBAR and thanks to krish75 for the welcome. As FUBAR said the term "corallimorph" or corallimorpharia is the taxonomic classification for coral anemones - "mushrooms".

Anyone else have specific experience with a setup similar to this.

Thanks again ,

C

Are you local? I have a 50/50 quad retro that I am not using. Maybe we can work a trade or a few $$. The bulb works, but is old, the ballast and reflector are good.

Are you local? I have a 50/50 quad retro that I am not using. Maybe we can work a trade or a few $$. The bulb works, but is old, the ballast and reflector are good.

Hi Jason,

Nope I'm in Ottawa, Canada.

C

Back