Best Place To Buy Coral!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

CLYDE

Right starting tomorrow and all the weekend I will start to stock my tank with coral! does anyone know any good lfs shops close to london or any good websites for buying coral?

im looking to buy

Ricordea florida
Zoanthids
Mushroom corals (sarcophyton, rhodactus, actinodiscus spp)
Leathers and soft corals
Plate Coral, Short Tentacle (Heliofungia)
Open Brain coral (Favites)
Fox Coral (Nemanzophyllia turbida)
Small bubble coral (Plerogyra sp.)
Candy Cane (Caulastrea furcata)
Orange Cup coral (tubastrea)
Pineapple or Branched Cup coral (Blastomussa)
Colony polyps (palythoa)
Cauliflower Colt (claiella sp.)
Starburst polyp (Clavularia viridis)
Kenya Tree Coral (Capnella sp.)
Button Coral (Scolymia sp.)

some of the following.

thanks in advance.

How many tanks and how big are the tanks you are going to be stocking?

If those are all for one tank, you definitely have some compatibility/aggression issues.

Some of the more common ones like mushrooms, leathers and candycanes you should be able to get as frags from local club members. You don't list your location, but if I were you I would find out if there is a local reef club. Members often trade and/or sell frags at reasonable prices. And you get to see what they look like in a tank, un-photo-shopped.

I should have stated i live in south east london and im not adding them all the same time just interested in most of them.

I have never bought corals online before but from what I hear, LiveAquaria.Com is a good place to buy from.

I've come across there website and was put of the idea that there shop is based in America and will have to get the 'coral' shipped over! also not sure if you can pay with an English bank card as everything on the site is in dollers?
correct me if im wrong!:oops:

I think you would have import issues, like Canada has when it comes to importing livestock. i would think you would need a UK or EU supplier to make it the easiest, and have the best chance of it arriving alive.

Back