best place to get a retrofit?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jonathan G.

i'm looking to get a retrofit to put in a canopy i'm about to build, only thing i've really found online is www.ahsupply.com and www.hellolights.com. im either looking for a 4x96w pc or a mh pc combo. also if anyone here knows anything about DIY lights how do you hook up fans as far as wiring goes?

Try Marinedepot on the sponser page. I recommend looking into T-5 instead of PC. I think they are better lights and use less power PC. I have had a few split on me using MH due to the expanding and contracting. I no longer use them. Also Custom Aquatics on the sponsor page both are great to deal with. Ice cap has plug and play fans that are easy to hook up. My dealings with computor fans are that they dont last long due to the saltwater. A cheap alternative is Desktop small fans about 4.99 at Wal-mart if it goes bad throw it away and get anothor one. They are many options out there. I run PFO MH ballast with XM 20k bulbs with no blue suppliments works great but uses more power. All depends on the depth of the tank. Need anything else just PM. Thanks Dave

Not a sponsor here but look at ebay under home and garden, pets, fish, then search for cooltouchlighting. The have a great retro kit for mh and vho or mh only. I am going to either buy thier mh vho retro or the mh only and run hamilton 14k so no atinic suppement is needed. Danny has them on his tank. Really a quality product for a lot less money. HTH Steve

u have the seller or the url for them? i have seen a couple companies selling them on ebay but dont know too much about mh's and if to trust their product or not.

Be careful of the Ebay products some are junk. i.e. Jebo now sells MH they are cheap price and cheap built. I know from my friends junk Jebo lights. Just my on 2 cents. I have a few buds how tried to save a buck on ebay and now have Icecap and PFO. Thanks Dave

Try Hamilton Technology. I've had many dealings with them and have always been very satisfied. Have bought retrofits, bulbs and complete canopies. I highly recommend them.
Tom

Here is 400 watt x2 retrofit kit they have 175 and 250 and with vho ice cap ballasts as well, on ebay type in 233250779 that will bring up a 400 watt retro, go to the see sellers other items. I know alot of cheap jebo and other stuff is on ebay. I have been watching these guys for about 8 months now and checking feedback, Danny bought 2 of the 48" 250 x2 plus 2 of the 110x 2 retro kits and they work wonderful. From holding the product in my hands and looking and examining it I can tell it is a quality product. At least check them out before you spend twice as much money on the same thing.

that number didn't work for me can do u know the seller name? i think cooltouchlighting and aquariumlights are the main sellers. aquariumlights also has their feedback blocked or on private so im kinda sketchy about them

Back