Best way to remove damsels?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

eliterecon14

Pajama Cardinal
Is there a easy and great way to remove damsels from a tank as I would like to trade them in by Friday. Is it even possible to catch them without disrupting the live rock, and uh other things, and feather dusters?
Thanks.............................................................................................

Some people have luck with mirros. the fish tries to atack its own picture and gets distracted. If you're using a net let it hang in the tank for a while to let the fish get used to it. I hope you don't have your heart set on getting alot of money for a trade in though....

Some people have luck with mirros. the fish tries to atack its own picture and gets distracted. If you're using a net let it hang in the tank for a while to let the fish get used to it. I hope you don't have your heart set on getting alot of money for a trade in though....
k thanks, the store give you a couple of dollars for them if you trade/sell them to 'em
I tried the mirror thing and they are WIMPS they are scared of their own reflection......................................

Last edited:
k thanks, the store give you a couple of dollars for them if you trade/sell them to 'em
I tried the mirror thing and they are WIMPS they are scared of their own reflection......................................

Hey, How's it going, If you want, I can let you borrow my shot gun lol:)

hmmm shot gun and tank might not mix.... shot gun and ones self well that another story.

What about letting the net hang and when feeding time comes scop them up?

Is there a easy and great way to remove damsels from a tank as I would like to trade them in by Friday. Is it even possible to catch them without disrupting the live rock, and uh other things, and feather dusters?
Thanks.............................................................................................

I had to remove a mean little yellow tang a few months ago. I had the same problem, I couldn't catch him without disrupting everything! I used a fish trap (LFS rented it to me for $20, then found I could buy one for $60--a good thing to have in case). You have to have some monofiliment line to drop the door, so you have to be there, but it worked. He couldn't resist the bit of raw shrimp I tied to the inside back wall of the trap!

Check out this link: http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15768

it has some cool fish catching tips. I'm not sure if the fish pole method is a good idea however it did work for a friend of mine lol. Good luck.

Back