Big thank you to Cy and Barrier Reef! Update on my Milli

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

twilliard

What next?
Well guys I lost most of my blue/pink milli (one frag left but it too is loosing the battle and looks SAD) to RTN.
I went to Barrier Reef and Cy took care of me with a replacement frag of the same thing. made me feel confidant that I didn't do it to such a nice specimen and that it can just happen. I have never been to a place that treated its customers so good! And to top it off knowledgeable! Thanks Cy, Tim and Mark.
To the people at Reef Frontiers.. thumbs up! It takes a good pool of people to make a happy tank and keep moving forward in this hobby. I have tried all that you have suggested the best I can.

Thanks!!!!

Here is an updated pic of the last frag.
milli.jpg

Ya, a person can walk in and not be kicked to the side. Thats what I like. Individual attention and answers to questions. And DANG NICE CORAL!!

Oh and I leaned something new today.. I bought a Elos Phosphate test kit and get this.
The Elos test kit shows .05 and my salifert test kit shows NOTHING for Phosphates.
And here I thought I was free and clear of it!

twiliard, I had a MAJOR algae break out, for a long time. And I added a little fishes phosphate filter and it cleared up in a matter of a couple weeks! As people probably told you before, you have to reduce the phosphates getting into you system first, but the filter worked wonders removing what was there already.
I was the guy who bought your wifes hammer coral a while ago.
I really need to get over and see some stores on the west side. Your post made me more anxious to do so.

LOL Hey hows it going!

My wife has missed that hammer, but it was in need of a good home. I now have a replacement for her, not as green as the one you have but still nice.

Ya I have been thinking of building a phosban reactor but I am still trying to figure how it is getting in the tank. I feed Formula 1 3 times a week and just enough to feed the fishies and coral frenzy/cyclopeeze twice a week.
Well great to hear from you!

A big thanks to you guys for all the help and advice when selecting a couple of sps frags for my tank. I had one go stn on me and they gave me another as well. I figured if this one goes on me it's my technique/water quality that's the real problem:eek: Thanks again!:D

I think my problem was with the water I was putting in the tank. Now I have my own RO/DI system and things are looking good. All the hammer heads just split so now I have 6 heads. Its still about the same size overall but it is growing.

Ya, a person can walk in and not be kicked to the side. Thats what I like. Individual attention and answers to questions. And DANG NICE CORAL!!

Oh and I leaned something new today.. I bought a Elos Phosphate test kit and get this.
The Elos test kit shows .05 and my salifert test kit shows NOTHING for Phosphates.
And here I thought I was free and clear of it!

I gotta agree they are becoming THE reef shop! Very very good service and soooo much knowedge there! Gotta add a thanks to Mark for th eskimmer help.
Travis

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. We are trying to make our place a geat reef experience and we welcome your feedback. We really appreciate all of your kind words.

I agree with the above compliments. A couple months ago I bought 2 anemone crabs from them. During transport home, one of them ripped several legs and both claws off the other one. I emailed Barrier Reef about it and they offered to refund the money if it dies, since they bagged them together. It survived the wounds however and is still around today.

I just picked up a mandarin and coral beauty this weekend there. They've got nice looking live stock at sane prices (unlike SWC and Blue Sierra).

Back