Biopellets question from noob

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Teitelmm

Hi all...I am new to the marine hobby, bought a great 100 gallon setup from a friend--am setting it up as a FOWLR but I do have some mushrooms in it so far and I plan on keeping several other easy corals that my specific fish won't eat.

Anyway, the tank has cycled and before I put fish in I was reading all the great things people have to say about Biopellets, so I got the TLF 150 reactor, cut the screens and added enough pellets for a 100 gallon tank--roughly 70% full. I have a Maxijet 1200 in my sump for flow, and the output of the reactor set up next to my skimmer pump. Only thing I'm frustrated by is the total lack of tumble. I can't get those pellets to tumble unless I physically shake the thing. Now I only set it up last night so its possible that they need more time in the water/reactor before they unclump and move but I wanted to ask the experts if there was something else I should be doing. There is only about a 4 foot run of hose for the pump, I see bubbles so I know the water is making it through the tube. And the return hose has a good flow to it so this does not feel like the issue. Am I just being impatient?

Back