black ick????????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the black spots are the results of the worms, not the worms themselves....the dips should be done every 2-3 days...yes friday is too long...you are trying to break the lifecycle of the worms and the dips have to correspond to a specific stage that the lifecycle is in. so today you should do the 2nd dip if you did the 1st on friday

you can thank steve, not me.... i just recently learned about this from steve, so thanks steve!!!

i did the 2 fw dip the tang look's a little stressed but not to bad it is picking at some of the rock right now

my tang has stress spots for a little while after the dips....if the tang starts thrashing during the dip, it is time to put him back

you could always do one more just to be sure....just my opinion...it doesn't mean it will come back:)

I would second ronj's suggestion. Another dip on Friday or Saturday would be good reassurance the problem will not return.

Cheers
Steve

Trusty me, as long as your doing it correctly, it hurts you far more than them. It's stressful to some degree but not damaging in such a short time.

Cheers
Steve

just think, if you do this now, it might save you the trouble of having to do it all over if you didn't kill all of them:):)

Back