black light

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i wouldn't use one for that...JMO..i don't know if it would hurt though:confused: you can find some cheap LED's on the internet though

I have used one, I dont believe it could damage the coral. You know how blacklights dont give you a tan, dont cause eye cancer. Also the sun puts of UV and for some reason the corals seem to do just fine. I like the blue led light much better though. They are more focused, cause the same effect, and are alot safer. I do agree with there being to much light output for a moonlight effect.

I ran a black light on an old tank for years. Never saw any problems. I doubt there is any harmful radiation in a regular black light.
Paul

Also the sun puts of UV and for some reason the corals seem to do just fine. QUOTE]

The corals do fine under UV, as they are underwater... Not all of the UV light at the surface, exists where the corals reside, many of the species I've seen are 10-20' under.

-Josh-:cool:

i thought about black light once apone a day, but guess what i went to check it out, see what it would look like. and it didnt work

guess it wasnt ment to be

when I first saw the vibrant color on some of these zoos I thought they were under a blacklight. then i saw the lights in the room on. blacklights tend to get kinda hot too don't they?

Back