Black Zoas?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blackzoa

I recently visited a gentleman's house to look at his reef tanks, and noticed had some black or almost black zoas with a tiny amount of green along the outside. Has anyone ever seen these before? These are by far the nicest Zoas/Paly's I've seen.

Does anyone actually know what these are called? I'd love to figure out a name so I can track some down. :lol:

Thanks.

Thanks guys. I looked them up and they were very close to the black jacks, but with less green on the skirts and a darker center. I think they could have just been a slight morph of them. They came in on a larger rock of Zoas out of Bali (I think he said). There's 5 heads, and he started with 2 3.5 months ago. So, definitely very slow growing.

thanks again

wow those are cool, i've gone a bit zoa crazy in my tank, these would be very cool to add.

Have never seen any in person, but have seen lots of photos. Here's a great one, that's totally black.
http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f14/black-zoas-26708.html

Then there's the Black Hole Suns, which I have seen in person, and are really cool, but not totally black. There's also Black Jacks, which are almost all back, with green skirts.

Here's some cool ones that I recently acquired:
IMG_9887.jpg

They're black eyed peas and they are awesome.....be happy to send frags up your way when they grow out a little.

Reef logic - What kind of zoas are the first ones? I want a frag if your willing to cut 'em.

I don't know....but I will have frags after the 1st. I am moving so I have to get some frags off my rocks and this is one of them.

Back