Blackberry's for logging on to Reef Frontiers?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mfinn

Surgeonfish
Who has a Blackberry and how does it work for checking out threads here on Reef Frontiers?

What models and what service do you use, and how does it work for you?

I work contruction and need something I can carry with me that isn't too delicate.
My boss is getting very tired of catching me using his pc at work

I need to find something to use to get on the internet and check my internet based comcast mail account

With Angie's Blackberry, she was able to access RF with no problems at all. I'm almost sure it was a model 8100, on Tmobile.

Now she has the Google phone and I have the Dash 3g. We're both able to access RF with no problems. I post quite often from my Dash. Before the 3G, I had the standard Dash and was also able to post. Even way back when I had the Nokia Xpress Music phone, I was able to access and post to RF. We both have the full internet plan, with our phones.

With whatever phone you have, or decide to get, I'd suggest downloading Opera Mini to it. It's about the best mobile web browser available AND it's free!!

yeah make sure and get a 3g network device. my BB curve 8900 doesnt have it and the internet was rediculously slow so i turned it off but the 3g is very fast.

I love the Iphone, but lots of people where I work use BB's & I've tried it with no issues.

Who has a Blackberry and how does it work for checking out threads here on Reef Frontiers?

What models and what service do you use, and how does it work for you?

I work contruction and need something I can carry with me that isn't too delicate.
My boss is getting very tired of catching me using his pc at work

I need to find something to use to get on the internet and check my internet based comcast mail account

Well Marty you need a boss like mines and your own desk and computer;):D:D. I have a BB curve but no internet access but my Fiance has a Iphone and she checks here emails and shop on that thing all the time.

Just like the Iphone, you can pop in you sim card but I think it won't be 3g. Heck I need to try that this weekend.

My current service is with verizon and I get better coverage in off the main coridor with verizon.

I'm kind of turned off by the whole apple thing.
I've been tring to figure out a macbook with not much luck, so I don't even want to get a iphone.

The iPhone is very simple to use. You can make it complicated or simple to use actually. Depending on what you want to do with it, but for your phone calls, texts, music, videos and games it's very easy and convenient to have all in one place. I use an iPhone 3G on t-mobile. It's not possible to use 3G on it because AT&T and T-Mobile use different frequencies for 3G. Although you are able to use EDGE on the iPhone with either carrier. FWIW, you can't use Verizon or Sprint on the iPhone or any other AT&T and T-mobile phone because Sprint and Verizon don't use sim cards. If anyone has any questions or about any apple products or even need a free(ReefFrontier special :)) iPhone unlock or jailbreak don't hesitate to ask me.

Last edited:
Palm Pre with Sprint. Lower monthly price the an iPhone. about $30 less You can set it up to download your Comcast mail or I just forward all my mail to my yahoo account and access it via the web

IPHONE are the best thing out there!!!!!!! They rock!! Very easy to use and absolutely the best touch screen there is! I have played around with alot of BB and never liked the screens. The IPHONE is very precise with its screen.

IPHONE are the best thing out there!!!!!!! They rock!! Very easy to use and absolutely the best touch screen there is! I have played around with alot of BB and never liked the screens. The IPHONE is very precise with its screen.

+1000! I used my friend's BB Storm and wow that thing is a POS! He has an iPhone theme and I make fun of him all the time for it. lol

Last edited:
He said a phone that can hold together in the construction business.

I'm on my 7th iPhone, but I cannot live with out it, so I keep buying them after I keep breaking them. Too bad there's no insurance for the iPhone.

I don't think a BB or any other phone is going to be much tougher. Not many touch screens are going to withstand being dropped or sat on etc... I just like the ease of use of the IPHONE and really like the screen better than the other phones I have played with. Not to mention some of the APPS are cool to play around with and also the built in IPOD player.

At the moment, my only plans for a phone of this type would be to checkout threads and pm's here, and a couple other similar sites, go to my comcast web based email account,,,

and,, I guess use it as a phone.:eek:

But I do have to find one that will take a little abuse.

Back