blk sea urchin

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mutationracer

i not sure if he was just chilling on my soft coral or eating it. does anyone have a blk urchin in there reef and have you had problem with them. i have put him in my sump till i can get answers. he is real pretty and would love to keep him in my reef. please help.

I have had two black long-spine urchins for years. They have not eaten any corals. They will, however, eat algae from around the coral if they can reach it.

i put him in the sump for now . there are two other small ones in there as well. whem i got my rock from fl. thay were with the rock. do you think he'll be ok in the sump till i can montior the other ones

i will get some pics over the weekend but i dont think he's a long blk from the pics ive seen he dont look like that much shorter spins

We'll wait for the pic but more than likely it is a Echinometra sp a rock boring urchin or a Arbacia sp and some of these eat corals

well not taking any chances. thay now live in my sump will thaty live or dye in there. thay seem to by growing in there

As long as there is some algae or other food for them to graze on, the sump should be fine.

WOOT!!!!

i got a tank full of kanya tree frags, some zoo's

Im sure we can set something up...

I get home at 4:30 thur out the week.. saterday and sunday im free... uselly i like to make a trip to todds in northhampton... but maybe ill give you my number and you can call me... do you have any small baby ones?

Back