Blue berry Gorgonian

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
I got a Gorgonian
and I beleive its called a blueberry?? dark colored branches with blue polyps, very cool looking and ALOT of polyps. But the real question is there is a thing on it that looks like a VERY small brittle star , red and white stripped. Only one long leg and I think 4 small legs holding on to a branch. The long leg just kinda whips around. Anyone know what it is and should I remove it?? I cant get a pic , it's to small for my POS digital camera.:eek:

It really looks like a serpent or brittle star with one long leg swaying back and forth.Like I said it's striped, red and white. All barnicels I have seen are in a hard shell with at fan, filter feeder.

I have a bunch of brittle stars, from tiny to pretty darn large, that are red/burgundy and white striped. It's very possible it's a small brittle star, does it have a round middle part to its body? Can you get to it with tweezers or something similar to remove it just in case?

sounds like a mini brittle star, great scavengers and hitchhikers!

IMG_3192.jpg

^^look like this?

I have a ton of those little brittlestars. They haven't harmed anything and are fun to watch in my nano. I have some in the big tank but the puffer likes to eat them.

Back