blue maxima/ rare?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

diablo

sand loving outcast
barry what you think about this maxima? Its about 4 1/2 to 5 inches big.

Hi diablo!

nice clam for sure.....

However....in terms of 'rare'....and again I'm no Tridacnid expert...(i'll let Barry answer thoroughly), but in my opinion the black maximas are harder to find, as well as the elusive 'Blue' squamosa clams.

Again just my opinions. I think every clam is unique, so if you find that one unique :) then it is!

Best,
Ilham

just googled a black maxima and omg that is a must have for me!!!!!
Thanks Ilham

Nice Maxima diablo...And beautiful clams on your site barry...I will definatly have to order a couple of those electic croacia .I was just about to buy 4 yestarday..I am glad i waited...

Blue Maximas are nice, but not rare. The one you have isn't really, either, despite the cool pattern. I still like it a lot! :)

BLACK Maximas, you'll never find, and if you do, you'll also find a hefty price tag! I knew someone who had TWO black-and-white "Zebra" Maximas; worth $400-800ea at the time, if I remember right, several years ago. I personally would LOVE to have a Zebra Max but I wouldn't--couldn't--risk it for something that can spontaneously die. That goes for corals, too. :D

I'm not sure... I suppose because it was at the top of some list, so I just responded, not thinking the newest thread would be three years old. I wanted to challenge people with math, too, regarding the age.

Also I wanted to celebrate the 3-year anniversary of the thread.

Back