Bob Moore Limited Edition

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

just in case ...this is an sps and if people are gonna be keeping it with soft corals and lps ...just remember to run carbon :p:D....oohh and adjust it to your lights hehe.

i've been keeping my sps with lps and soft, blastos, acans and xenia and no carbon, and i've been getting good growth, it could just be that these don't release posions/toxins, some of my xenia even touches one of my sps's consistantly

Thats awesome salmonslayer. We received a big chunk of Bob's coral when we helped he and Dan take the tank down/move it to Dan's. At the time, Bob expressed his desire for the coral to continue to be spread around the area, which we tried to facilitate by selling it cheap. I've seen this coral sell for $100 per inch online. The fact that you are offering frags free, when available, speaks volumes. Exactly what Dan and Bob want!!

Your link to more info was dead but here is one that I know of which offers more insight. Follow the internal link to pics of Bob's tank before the move:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17534

Great pics also!

Great, Not sure who is replying ( at Barrierreefcf ) but thanks. Dan has talked very highly of you guys. I was by there once and was treated with the utmost respect, two thumbs up. This coral is one with alot of meaning at this point not to take away from them that now have it. I will go out of my way to make sure that this coral that leaves my tank is for a reason and not turn around and sell it. If that is what is going to happen then, which I'm sure it will, just remember KARMA.

Salmonslayer, BarrierreefCF is Cy.

Also I don't think any of us are in a rush for the coral and IMO its only a matter of time before we're all helping spread Bob Moore Limited Edition (BMLE?) around. As they say, one good turn deserves another.

Also I don't think any of us are in a rush for the coral and IMO its only a matter of time before we're all helping spread Bob Moore Limited Edition (BMLE?) around. As they say, one good turn deserves another.

i totally agree with Brian ..let the coral grow:).

A note from Bob

Dan,

Thank you for passing the e-mail on, I could not read it with dry eyes. as you know one of my biggest thrills in the reef hobby has been sharing corals and getting others enthused for the hobby and a renewable resource if done correctly. Many people did not know know that Cousteau was one of my idols and his movies encouraged me through college to get a B.S. in, environmental science degree. The thought of a coral being named for me, although not genus and species is very humbling and I just would like to express my gratitude to all of those that have thought of me.

You are a great friend and I appreciate you passing this on to me.

Okay put me at the bottom of the list. I would love to carry on by growing and free fragging Bob's L.E. as well. I surely have the room for it!!! Take your time and let's all that acquire a frag make it prosper.

Back