Books

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike2112

I have been looking for more reading material after I finished the suggestion by NC2WA. I have ran across this book a few times and it has many good reviews The New Marine Aquarium: Step-By-Step Setup & Stocking Guide: Michael S. Paletta: 0097818900875: Amazon.com: Books and I would like to get it but I am a bit concerned about the publishing date of 1998 (14 years old). I read a review at amazon that was written July of 2012 saying the book was up to date. Does anyone have this book and can comment? I have it ordered from Hastings, but I can refuse to purchase it if I decide to.

Any other books that would be good to read or such would be great to hear about.

Thanks

-Mike

I enjoyed Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History by Eric Borneman, The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner, and several books by Julian Sprung are in my collection.

shoot ive prob got 20 of em now.

id suggest The Complete Book of the Marine Aquarium by Vincent B.Hargreaves.
Not to much $ and decent info on multi subjects.

also Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook isnt bad.
by Robert J. Goldstein

ive got others but they are more on just fish or just coral...
HTHs

Thanks for the replies so far, I will be doing a FOWLR set up and maybe a few easy softies like Xenia or such. I just got The Complete Idiot's Guide to Saltwater Aquariums by Mark W. Martin and Ret Talbot. Wife likes the CD rom that came with it the covers specimens.

Hello:)
I am one of those reefer's that has a hard head so sometimes i have to read things many times to understand what they are talking about. I can honestly say BOOKS allowed me to make leaps and bounds in our hobby so i will always give a thumbs up to reading:)
Do yourself a favor and pick up a book by: Albert Thiel, John Tullock, and Martin Moe just to name a few. These are the guy's who helped me and even with being a little dated i am sure they will help you:)

Back