Brand new to RF

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I tried photo bucket but I don't think its compatible with the Mac. I'll try shutter fly and flicker and see what happens. The problem with iPhoto is the resolution is so big it exceeds the file limitation so I tried a minimizer, "mini jpeg" but I couldn't figure out how it worked. Computers, can't live with them, can't live without them!

I'm sorry everyone. I just can't seem to figure out how to post pics. I even had my husband and son helping me and none of us could do it. I will have to wait til a computer guru comes by and try to rope them into showing me how. Hopefully I'm not building too much expectation. Its cute but not to be compared to some of the beauties I've been looking at on RF.

I use ImageShack. It does have it's limits, but for a person lacking computer skills, it's worked fairly well for me.

Just go up to the PHOTOS link and it will take you to a members gallery, from their hit the upload pics button and upload your pics, you can do like 4 at a time? (just make sure their not huge) from their you right click and copy the URL of one and then in the thread hit the pic button, then click the from url and past in the url, make sure you unclick the retrieve check box. should work fine.

Mojo

Just go up to the PHOTOS link and it will take you to a members gallery, from their hit the upload pics button and upload your pics, you can do like 4 at a time? (just make sure their not huge) from their you right click and copy the URL of one and then in the thread hit the pic button, then click the from url and past in the url, make sure you unclick the retrieve check box. should work fine.

Mojo
I tried what you suggested but one photo taken on our camera with reduced resolution was still too big. Somehow I'm wondering if the Mac is adding more than just the photo?

Once your photo is in ImageShack, how do you get it to RF?
Before I send them to ImageShack, I resize them, usually between 150mb to 300mb.
Once they are there you go to "My Images" and you see all the pictures. Beside each picture is 6 buttons. The top button is the "share button". Click on that and when that page loads, the picture will appear with several options. The 2nd from the top option is a link that is marked "forums". Copy that link and then paste it in your post here.

I use the ImageShack tool bar which gives me features link a mass uploader, screenshot and a link to ImageShack. I somehow mangaed to condense the toolbar down so it fits on the same line as other window tools.
The down side to ImageShack is they have cut down the number of pictures you can store there to about 500. When you reach that limit, they start pressuring you to pay for the service with a monthly subscription, which I won't do. I just delete older stuff to make room.

Last edited:
1004949.jpg

I'm not sure if this will show you my tank or not, so I'll just have to give it a try.

Back