Brandy's 40 Breeders

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Brandy

I owe you and the kids dinner, after all we already fed your husband. Not anything romantic, I hear Arbys is having a sale, and KrispyKream for dessert.

Thanks for the offer, but it's not necessary. I'm thinking about hosting a SRS meeting one of these days (probably late summer or early fall), but I've gotta get Mike to finish up our remodeling first. Maybe it could be a pot luck/BBQ. We're not very good cooks though.

they look like green bay packers to me too!!
Very nice corals..
LOVE THE SHRIMP GOBY!!!

I still haven't looked up what green bay packers look like yet. Thanks for the compliment and I love the shrimp goby too. I thought about getting him a shrimp, but seeing how the pistol shrimp in the 300 likes to dig up all our sand, I'm not sure I want one in with LPS and zoas that will be on the sand bed. I don't think they would like that much.

The 40 breeder I planned on becoming the lps/sps/zoa tank got a sudden change in plans. All the rock in there got moved to our 300 gal. A couple pieces of rock in the 300 gal had a mushroom and small traces of green star polyps that took off over the last year (I didn't realize they were on the rock) and started to wage chemical warfare against a RBTA that I'm sure was stinging the GSP. The result was some of my sps freaking out within the last couple of weeks. All the corals on the right side of the tank are fine, but the ones receiving flow down wind from the GSP are stressed.

So the 40 breeder is now the RBTA/Clown/GSP/Mushroom tank. I may move some of the common zoas over to it to and get some pompom xenia. The packed 40 breeder in my first post is staying the way it is. I'll remove a few of the corals, but not all of them like I planned. I was going to cook that rock as it had a grape caulerpa problem, but it is under control now. Hopefully it stays that way.

I'll update with pics of the new 40 breeder soon. Mike set the rock in there while I was busy moving things around in the 300 and I love the way he set it.

Back