brass nail (tack)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
I have just dropped one into my tank and i can not find it anywhere do i need to worry about it i was hanging a pic on the wall and it went straight in:doubt:

Try using a small magnet to "fish around" for it. It may have a high enough iron content for that to work. (many are brass plated.... not solid brass- too soft). Even if you don't find it, you should be totally fine. D

This doesn't answer your original question, but you might want to rethink hanging a picture above the tank... if I'm reading between the lines correctly. (Unless it's just a paper poster, or something like that.) It'd really suck if a framed picture falling off a wall for whatever reason ended up breaking your tank. That's why I removed everything from the wall behind my tank.

This doesn't answer your original question, but you might want to rethink hanging a picture above the tank... if I'm reading between the lines correctly. (Unless it's just a paper poster, or something like that.) It'd really suck if a framed picture falling off a wall for whatever reason ended up breaking your tank. That's why I removed everything from the wall behind my tank.
i have a closed top lid on my tank which approx 8inches high from the tank edge so no worry about anything going into my tank the pin when through the hinged part of the tank lid 1 in a million chance of this happening.

The amount of free copper in even a solid brass tack (unlikely as in what Danno said)
is minute. The copper in brass is locked up as an alloy with lead or tin and is fairly saltwater inert. If you can find it, great. If not, don't sweat it.

Back