Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

will this be the last season for brett

• yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
there is alot of interesting conversations about brett these days...

one is holgrem's friendship with brett, could he come to seattle??

two is my personal opinion the only team that sticks by old quarterbacks is the raiders i have always joked that oakland may be his next stop before the hall of fame.

third is that the people of green bay will not let him leave if he decides to come back to football, and if he would have made the playoffs then he would most definatly come back for one more year.

well thats my thoughts.

yes i think it will be his last season. I think the main reason ishe doesnt have any players to throw the ball to.. I know driver and the other dude but thats it....just my thoughts i really dont know anything about the packers

I think this was bretts final season. If he does come back i think it will be do to the dollar amount they flash in front of his eyes.

will this be the last season for brett favre?

No. I hope not.

could he come to seattle??
oakland may be his next stop before the hall of fame.

Nope.
the people of green bay will not let him leave

I think the main reason ishe doesnt have any players to throw the ball to.. I know driver and the other dude but thats it

1) Robert Ferguson
2) It's a shame upper management let it get that bad. I blame them for not hiring proper replacements for both Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren.
3)They are better than last year and they will be better next year (with Favre).

I think this was bretts final season. If he does come back i think it will be do to the dollar amount they flash in front of his eyes.

Brett isn't a money grubber, he has enough. He will play untill he wants to say good-bye to the game.

I think he will retaire based on how he acted after the Chicago game, he even said it in that interview.

1) He acted similar last year. He actually got on the Seahawks bus and told Holmgren he was done. :eek:
2) Are you sure that is what he said? I don't think so; I believe that was just an allusion.

I hope so he has caused enough grief over the years.

I really hope you don't mean that Bob. Cause' dems' fighten words! :mad:

He seems to have a real hard time coming to terms to retiring after saying this is my last year playing football. It can go either way but I won't be surprised if he returns for "one more season".

Bob, you seem a little confused. :lol:

See this?

That means that we (Green Bay fans) get to make fun of the Bears, until we meet again, not the other way around.

Hey at least we aren't playing golf and wondering whether or not our QB will stay in one piece next year??

Are you serious? That comment is laughable!

"Most consecutive starts by a quarterback: 237 (257 including playoffs)"

Considered the Iron Man of the NFL, Favre is the only NFL player to have started every game his team has played over the past 14-year period.[12] Brett Favre is currently in first place for consecutive NFL games started by a quarterback. During the first 200 straight games started by Favre, 178 other quarterbacks started in the NFL, eleven of them being back-ups to Favre at one point.

How about dem' apples.

You know, I realize that, and I am not at all knocking Brett Farve, but realize this, he is 37 years old, at least 2 times this year he went off, and they wondered whether or not he would be back that game. He came back, more to his credit!!!
The fact is, the Bears are still playing, Rex Grossman may suck, but he and the Bears are playing in the Super Bowl, and the Packers aren't.
I will not argue about Brett, he is undoubtedly the greatest QB to maybe ever play the game, but he will have to wait until July to put his pads on again.
Stats are great, but I find that they are just as good as excuses, so go ahead and release some more stats that everybody already knows.

The fact is, the Bears are still playing, Rex Grossman may suck, but he and the Bears are playing in the Super Bowl, and the Packers aren't.

Oh ok, sorry. I thought the title of this thread was... "Brett Favre" :razz:

go ahead and release some more stats

:D :D :D

Favre currently possesses a number of NFL records:

Most career pass completions: 5,021
Most seasons with 20 or more touchdown passes: 12, all consecutive (1994-2005)
Most seasons with 30 or more touchdown passes: 8, 5 consecutive (1994-1998, 2001, 2003-2004) For perspective, only five other quarterbacks in NFL history have recorded at least two consecutive 30-touchdown passing seasons in their careers: Steve Bartkowski, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Jeff Garcia, Y.A. Tittle.
Most seasons leading the league in touchdown passes: 4 (1995-1997, 2003)
Most consecutive 3,000+ yards passing seasons: 15 (1992-2006)
Most consecutive 300+ completion seasons: 15 (1992-2006)
Most consecutive NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997)
Most NFL MVP awards: 3
Most consecutive starts by a quarterback: 237 (257 including playoffs)
Longest touchdown pass: 99 yards (to Robert Brooks, 1995)
From 2002 to 2004, Favre threw a touchdown pass in 36 consecutive games, the second longest streak ever behind Johnny Unitas' 47.

Favre continues to close in on several NFL career records. As of the end of the 2006 NFL season, Favre stands at:

Second all-time in career passing touchdowns, with 414 (Marino, 420)
Second all-time in career passing yards, with 57,500 (Marino, 61,361)
Second all-time in career pass attempts, with 8,223 (Marino, 8,358)
Second all-time in single stadium passing yards, with 25,765 (Elway, 27,889)
Second all-time in career regular season wins by starting quarterback, with 147 (Elway, 148; Marino, 147)
Third all-time in career consecutive starts by an NFL player, with 237 (Mick Tingelhoff, 240; Jim Marshall, 270)

-From wikipedia.org

Back