Brineless in seattle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was told (and not sure if its true) that the lake or where ever they harvest live brine from has be turned into a protected wild life reserve by the state and nothing can be taken from it now.

OH no, that would not be good. I know Midway Fish and Pet has it, and I thought Fish Gallery carried it too. I havent had to buy it in a while but that is where I used to get it.

bradreef said:
blue seirra used to have it. I would call them and see if they still do.

I bought some emergency brine about a year ago from Blue Sierra (the one in the tiny tube), and not the kit, just the eggs.

Apparently they were really old because none hatch. I'm not goingn there, but wasn't a happy camper after my batch of babies died.

Now I order from www.aquaticeco.com or www.brineshrimpdirect.com as it is cheaper than anywhere.

Best,
Ilham

heres what I know. The wholesaler's in the seattle area has stopped carrying live brine so none of the local shos have it unless they order it in from cal. + a small order is more than most shops up here can handle. so we Probly wont see live brine carried up here any more. I will find out more!

If you are not in a hurry, you can grow your own live brine, but i'm assumign this is for emergency purposes....

Would they be for seahorses?

Best,
Ilham

Thanks for all of your help everyone... looks like I will be ordering from livebrinshimp.com in florida... one more time at least. Hopefully the little ponies will take to the frozen soon.

Back