brittle star

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

taxqueen

O.k I think I'm going crazy, last week I lost my sea slug, I was hoping he had just buried himself somewhere and he would resurface later. But then today my sixline wrasse dissappeared, he was there lastnight and gone this morning. I have 1 brittle star(not the green one) and 1 serpent star, is it possible one of them is killing my fish at night? I thought only the green ones were aggressive. any advice would be great,I will remove them right away before they kill anything else :(

I've heard that they can kill your fish, one person I know "put one in time-out" in it's own tank. I have read about them and the green ones can put themselves up above rock and traps then kill them unfortunately. If you have a sump put it in there as part of the clean-up crew.

GW343H267

Last edited:
I've been doing some reading on the site and some people have mentioned clicking noises they hear at night. I have been hearing clicking noises everytime I turn the lights out on my tank. Now I'm not sure what to think, I don't want to remove my brittle stars if they are'nt the culprit. And it if they aren't killing my fish then what is??????????????

brittles

Brittles can learn to hunt your fish................ especially the green ones.......micros are ok or could be predatory crab/ mantis shrimp......................good luck w/ your tank and finding the culprit

Back