bubble alge

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If these things pop, they will spread spores throughout the tank, If you can uproot them gently that is best. I've read where there are something that may help eat them but probably not the best idea to solve one problem with the addition of another, I just don't believe in that JMO. If you can remove the rocks & clean them I'd try that first.

I bought a few emerald crabs and they made short work of them, however I still have a few around the tank now. They will spread if popped so I would recommend trying to remove them manually if you only have a few. Mine went crazy after a few popped and I got 100's so I tried the crabs. A friend of mine tried them and one of the crabs started eating one of his leathers though. He was able to pull that one out and the others never touched any corals.
-chris

would taking out rocks to clean them kill what ever is in the rocks? I have like 5 feather dusters, and I just started getting bubble algae.

Problem i have about cleaning the rock is its about 30kg weight wise and is covered in corals so need something else guys emerald crab sounds good but is there a certain type i.e. colour.:)

I had a hitchhiker a white crab which had eaten a leather coral so do not want to go through that ordeal again trying to get the crab took me a week last time to catch.

Red Sea Sailfin or Desjardini Sailfin Tang will sometimes eat filamentous algae and bubble algae. The key word is sometimes.

Back