Bubble Algie!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

With bubble algae you can do a couple of different things. The one that I did is take the piece of rock that the algae is on out of the tank and pick them off manually, then do a quick dip in saltwater. If they pop , no big deal because they are out of the tank. Another way, which didn't work for me, but has for others, is get an emerald crab, which are suppose to have an appetite for that stuff. Hope this helps

I have tried almost everything to get rid of red bubble algae. The only thing that has worked for me. Was to remove the rock, pick them off, and scrub the spot were they were. Good luck.

Another way, which didn't work for me, but has for others, is get an emerald crab, which are suppose to have an appetite for that stuff. Hope this helps

Yeah this didn't work for me either... the crab destroyed my xenia and harassed my hard corals. Since then he's been banished to the fuge.

I'd recommend more water changes and cut back on excess feeding. Having macro algae in a refrigum will also compete for nutrients in the system. Combine these tactics and you should notice the growth slow if not stop completly.

Back