Bubble Tip Anemone under LED?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Playapixie

I've been researching BTA's and am tipping towards the yes column. However, one of the local fish stores told me today that BTA's only do well under metal hallide, and don't do well under LED. I have the Ecotech Radion now and my corals have never been happier. What do you think?

Sounds to me like the LFS needs to be introduced to the year 2011. And all the tech that comes with it.

Now that I think about it I recall that this particular store hasn't been excited about LED any time I've asked. But still seems wise to ask around and see who is having success with LED's and BTA's :)

Had my rbta under leds for over a year ..had better growth than the one under halides..just switched my big tank to
Leds also ..bubble loves it..

if your lefs knew anything they would be up to date on all the new lighting equipment. led's are far more efficient than halides in virtually every way!! a bta will do great! just make sure to light acclimate it kinda if it is in very low light levels at the store. this is when a dimmable fixture comes in handy as they are sensitive to light fluctuations.

Back