bubbles !! :p

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IMG_0005.jpg

It was a blue bucket....sorry just kidding. It was a rubbermaid storage tub but I didn't clean it with vinegar and water and it was living in the basement. The powerhead was new and smelled like new, I don't just new. It doesn't smell anymore. Sorry to butt in Gaby. I am having microbubbles. They are clear.

Debbie

Okay Gaby, I've looked at your pix and have a few possible explanations for your bubbles: 1. From the 1st pic, that looks like photosynthesis in action. The algae is producing O2. I have this "problem" on occasion. 2. Plastic is a petroleum product, oils from processing may have been in your bucket and are causing this (oil and water don't mix) phenomenom (da da dadada). The cyno is probably from a nutrient spike which a few astrea's will take care of pronto. The move may have stressed everyone out, but I TINK everything will be all right.

I googled the gipper

Gabby I think I missed something like when did you move? And I hope you like where you moved and moving is always stressful. I haven't done it yet with a saltwater tank.

:eek2: :shock:
Happy New Year. Your posts are way kewl.:razz: :razz:

Debbie

Sorry to butt in Gaby. I am having microbubbles. They are clear.

it's ok doodette .... anyone can post anything in my threads :D .... well as long as it's not pg13 :lol: .

Okay Gaby, I've looked at your pix and have a few possible explanations for your bubbles: 1. From the 1st pic, that looks like photosynthesis in action. The algae is producing O2. I have this "problem" on occasion. 2. Plastic is a petroleum product, oils from processing may have been in your bucket and are causing this (oil and water don't mix) phenomenom (da da dadada). The cyno is probably from a nutrient spike which a few astrea's will take care of pronto. The move may have stressed everyone out, but I TINK everything will be all right.

Thank you dood :), the snails are coming .

Gabby I think I missed something like when did you move? And I hope you like where you moved and moving is always stressful. I haven't done it yet with a saltwater tank.

hehe i moved last month i believe (it's a pain in the buttox to move a fish tank... because you gotta have water ready to go, make sure the tank is level :lol:and things like that so consider yourself lucky :D) , but i started seeing my corals going down hill after the 1st week... my cute plate coral thingy had the polyps retracted all the time and it seemed like it was loosing color, the only coral that had no problems was my orange monti cap other than that, all my corals were stressed.
It seems like it's getting better though... i did a semi big water change and it seems like my bubbles are gone, my corals are looking better ... now the only thing i gotta take care of is the stinking cyano :p .

Back