Buildin a 350g glass tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jockeman

I´m going to build a 350g glass tank and have a question of how I should place the side panels. Should I place the side panels on top of the bottom glass(A) or should I place it on the sides of the bottom glass(B). Do you use bracing on the bottom sides(C,D) ?. I have been building smaller tanks before and have seen all kind of different types of set up´s so I´m note sure.
Joakim

Welcome to RF Joakim! I see you ae from Sweden...Wow!!! Glad you decided to join us here at RF!

About your question, I really can't say. I've never tried to build a tank, so I'm not sure if there is a right way or a wrong here. We have a few members here that I'm sure would know the answer to your question so I'd keep an eye out for their posts.

Jockeman said:
I´m going to build a 350g glass tank and have a question of how I should place the side panels. Should I place the side panels on top of the bottom glass(A) or should I place it on the sides of the bottom glass(B). Do you use bracing on the bottom sides(C,D) ?. I have been building smaller tanks before and have seen all kind of different types of set up´s so I´m note sure.
Joakim

Hi there Joe!

I can't say I have built such a large tank, but I've built both my 400L and 600L tanks.
I have used example C from your choices. A little more info:

- You want the side panels to be sitting ontop of the bottom panel and its much easier when putting it all together.

- We use the braces for two reasons:
1) Avoid the side panel from bending (making a bow, no actual bend) in the middle and
2) Of course the brace in C also gives you double the gluing surface for more strength.

Of course top braces are also strongly advisable and if you are going to exceed 70-75 cm height, doube and triple them (the top braces) !!!

Good luck mate...

Back