Bulb Replacing Time Help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

G&NSalty425

Us Against The World
Ok time to change the bulbs on my Outer Orbit I just can't stand how white it is. This is what I need 2x 250 MH HQI and 4x 39watt T5 HO. What bulb combination would you do? I kinda like the Hamilton 14K bulbs for the MH. I was also looking at the ATI Blue + for T5's. But I am confused on the T5's should I go all 4 the same or do like I have right now I believe it is 2x 420nm and 2x 460nm. They are blue and I like but the 10K MH HAVE to be changed to more blue I can't stand them no more. So if you have any good ideas or suggestions on bulb combinations let me know :) Thanks!!!

Ohh here's a bulb combination I was kinda thinking of
2x 250 14K Hamilton HQI
2x 39watt ATI Blue+
2x 39watt Giesemann 11K Aquablue+ OR ATI 12K Aquablue special OR going all 4 with ATI Blue+

Actually I already looked at that :) I liked the Hamilton's 14K and then I think it was the Radium 20K. I was just worried about going 20K because I figured it was safer going somewhere in the middle between 10K and 20K for growth.

I have the hamilton 14k's and have been happy with them so far. I am using them with 2 48" vho actinics and it produces a nice blueish-white color.

I like your lighting ok good now I can say yes to the hamilton's cuz I loved the color in your tank and now have something to compare them to everyone is usually running 400's so it's hard to actually get a visual.

I like the Hamilton 14k color myself. Makes the colors really stand out.
If you go with the 14k and it's still not blue enough, you can always go heavy on actinic. But if you go 20k and it's too blue, it's tough to make it whiter.

Yeah that's another thing I worried about was making it way too blue. I figured at least the 14K's should make me happier then I am now I love the tank with the T5's up until the MH come on then I am grrrr yuck so more blue will make me a happy camper. Heck if I still want more blue when time comes for the next bulb replacement I can just go bluer. What do you guys recommend for T5's going all 4 with the ATI Blue + or doing 2 of those with 2 other bulbs?

Back