CA Rx - CO2 level

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SpecialTang

Banned
Hi
I have had my CA Rx set up for about 8 months now. This week it has been harder and harder to keep my pH in the reactor at the desired levels. I was wondering if this was a sign of the bottle running low? I cleaned the reactor tonight to make sure nothing was plugged. I lifted the bottle and it feels a little light.

How long should a 10lb bottle last?

Thank you

Do you have a pressure guage and regulator on the tank? If so, they usually sit between 60 and 70PSI when full. When the guage drops below 50 you will run out very quickly.

Set the bubbles at 60 and the drops at 120 per minute.
Guage is reading just below 60psi
Funny thing after two weeks of a high reading .10+ it is back down to normal levels this morning. I guess I just needed to clean it out. The tank still feels empty.

Where in Spokane can I get this refilled, I would like to keep my bottle.
Thank you

Where in Spokane can I get this refilled, I would like to keep my bottle.
Thank you

If you take it to A-L Compressed Gases, Inc. at E 4230 Trent, they'll refill your own bottle. However, you may have to leave them your bottle, while you wait until they're running a batch of C02 bottles, which could take up to a week. They may give you some grief, about it, but insist that you need to keep your own bottle.

You can always just drop by and have a look at the full ones they have too, there might be a new-looking one ready to go for trade-in. Lots of people buy kegerator/reactor/airbrush/whatever setups and go trade in their brand new bottle and you can get lucky and nab those when they get refilled, it won't necessarily be someones grody welding tank.

Thank you everyone

I called the welding shop and they said they will only fill on Tuesday. Best to drop it off Monday evening and puick up Tuesday by 5pm.

Back