Cadlights 24" LED fixture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ccreviston74

I'm setting up a reef tank with the 24" LED fixture from Cadlights, over their 39 signature tank. Not sure what it will support. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this particular light? What critters can it support? I would love to do anemone/clownfish and/or clam lagoon, but that might be a couple years experience and a lighting upgrade down the road. I just want to be realistic as I put together my stocking plan.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thx,

Cort

It is this light right Cort?? NEW 24 long Complete LED light system w/R/C Controls [CLED-RC24] - $339.99 : CAD Lights, Thinking outside the cube

I've never used one - or seen one - but it doesn't sound bad from the desription! I like the individual reflectors (IMO reflectors to make the LEDs better), the built in dimming and color control, etc...

I run 40W of LEDs on my 25 gallon tank, and can keep anything I want in there. You just have to put the corals in and watch them, see how they color up (or bleach/brown out!! haha) and take it 1 step at a time...

I would also not suggest an anemone in the tank, just because of its small size! Any anemone will get to be 10-12" - given your tank is only 24" long it doesn't leave you any room for anything else.. unless of course an anemone and clownfish is all you want, then its perfect ;) hahaha

Back