Calcium Reactor and adding Kalkwasser

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Lone Wolf

I have a calcium reactor (Koralin 1502) for my 180 reef (230g with sump). I am having a problem keeping the PH up and need to dose calcium at times. If I drip Kalkwasser will that help bring up my PH as well as help with the calcium? Does anyone else do this and do you have any pointers. Thanks

Yes it will help stabalize your PH and add more calcium..
What's your ALK like??
If it's a litttle low why not crank up the CA RX and just add some buffer to bring PH up..??
You might have a lot of calcium draw..

The reactor keeps my ALK fairly stable. It is a little low right now and I am dosing Buffer and it helps with the PH, but it does not solve the problem.

A few weeks ago, I ran out of CO2 for my Calcium Reactor and had to dose Alk and Ca for about three weeks. (don't ask why it took so long to get a new bottle of CO2!! :( I noticed a better coral growth during that time. That got me wondering if the Ca dosing adds elements to the water that my reactor does not. Any thoughts?

I run a 180 and dose kalk in my topoff water and run a CA reactor. I have a 30gallon tank for topoff I fill every 2-3 weeks and dump a heaping half cup of pickling lime in and stir it up. It keeps my PH between 8.0-8.20 and obviously helps with CA and Alk.

Back