Calcium Reactor problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seismic

Balaenoptera musculus
Folks,

Need some help on my calcium reactor. I have a Reef Octopus CR-140 calcium reactor. The problem with it is, the calcium drip stops when ever the CO2 is stopped. Im running CO2 on a timer to match the photoperiod. Is this the right thing to do ? I noticed that when the drip stops, the water level in the reactor drops, which leaves a pocket of air (CO2??) in side the reactor.

The calcium dripped at a rate of about a drop a sec. I've tried to get tune the "air out" to a slow drip but that did not work, only opening the "air out" to a proper flow actually stops the calcium drips from stopping.

What can I do ?:confused:

I wouldnt turn it off at night, it will just have to spend the next day recovering. Check it for leaks. A hand held vacuum pump is great way to check for air leaks.

Don

Hi DOnW,

I checked for leaks already, could not find anything. I suspect its the CO2 thats building up in the chamber. Could it be my effluent drip rate is too slow allwoing CO2 to buildup ? I will take your suggestion to stop putting the CO2 on a timer!!! It was recommended by the LFS, but I had 2nd thoughts on it as well, thats why I asked here!!

Back