Calcium Reactor Recommendation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

makeme1098

Reader
Can someone recommend me a calcium reactor for 33 gallon tank?
I currently dose 2 part daily but it's hard to keep up time to time.

thanks,

HT

Want to know myself...I have a 46 bowfront. Taggin along for that and I saw your a florida fan...I'm a Bama fan...not tryin to start a fight just wonderin where you are. Im in florence, al...NOBODY up here keeps corals!!!

Want to know myself...I have a 46 bowfront. Taggin along for that and I saw your a florida fan...I'm a Bama fan...not tryin to start a fight just wonderin where you are. Im in florence, al...NOBODY up here keeps corals!!!

I'm up here in WA state but graduated from U of F. Your team is looking real good this year. It's hard to tell which team should be ranked #1. I guess we will find out after the SEC champion ship match.

Back to the topic. My 33 gallon is packed with SPS and I'm having a hard time keeping Alk in check. My tank consumes 1 dKh per day and some days, I can't get get around to dose my tank. I went through memeber's showcase forum but I couldn't find anyone's nano with cal. reactor.

Pretty much any brand, you get what you pay for. Mag stirrers last longer, or just replace the pumps as they wear out. Many make DIY units too.

it is a chamber that uses CO2 to break down Arogonite/calcium media in the camber and drips into your tank to keep ALK and CAL levels up in high demand tanks!

I just set up a GEO Brand cal reactor and i had very good luck with it. I think alot of people use this brand.

Hey Makeme1098 kinda lost the thread for a while...but yeah the SEC championship...I cant wait!!! I think it is gonna be a great game! I think bama's D is a bit better but Tebow was sent from heaven and basically has God on his side! :) Anyhow, I am going with a reactor...I think it will be better for me...Happy Reefin man, and a gentlemans good luck in the game.

Hey tcblightning, have you decided on which reactor to go with? Please update when you set it up. I'm still debating on the reactor. But with a new job and biz trips, I don't have enough time to dial it in and be comfortable leaving the tank with my wife.

The SEC championship will be the greatest match this year. I can't wait. I think Bama has edge on D, RB and WR. We got Tebow and special team. There is a bar near by where Florida Alumni get togeather and watch the game. Gatornation in the NW!!

Nice on the gatornation! Hey, I'm a SEC fan 2nd so I think that's awesome! The Gator Bar Boys are great! But yeah, I know what you mean, I'm ex military going to college and a bit of an adventurer...So my roomate has to watch my tank while I am gone...I am taking a month long canoe trip down the mississippi river this summer!...My only fear is my tank!

I like to generalize too much...I ment a kalk reactor...I will get a ca reactor within the next few years (1-2) but for now there is really no point. I have a little more research to do because I really dont understand kalkwasser...you cant put it directly in your tank but your have to stir it but that destroys pumps...I'm sure I will get it in the next month...hopefully. I am thinking a DIY project though.

Back