Calcium reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey by the way freakin.

Those pictures i showed you with the ph at 6.4 and it coming to 7.4 might not be acurate. I checked my probe the other day and it read 6.0 so i had to re calibrate the Milwakee. Ooopps. So i will get some new readings here for you so you can see the change from using an air stone

Hey Nate, what pump are you using to pump the water from the sump into the reactor?

for water just the soft vinyl tubing is fine and for the Co2 there is specific Co2 hose you can get from the LFS. The last stuff i got was see through green from Blue Sierra. Dont know about your area. Some of the other hose will degrade over time

updated Ph numbers

Milwake says 6.3 now still a little low and effluent cup is up to 7.8

no prob. Just remember to do the slow start thing should take a day or so to get ph dropped were you want it. if you pump Co2 in there too fast your unit will get an air bubble in it and the pump will just "wizzzz" for the lack of a better word

Okay, so I set everything up and have it rolling at 1 bubble per second and 1 drip per second. What I don't get is the controller. The PH probe is now reading about 7ph in the chamber and is going to continue to drop I'm sure, however the alarm light on the controller is going off. If I turn the knob on the controller UP above the current PH then the controller shuts the solenoid off. Isn't it supposed to shut it off when the PH gets too low?? So if the PH drops below the current setting that the knob is at (6.3) then it should shut it off in my understanding...am I getting this??

Okay, well the reactor is pretty stable at 6.4ph and the drip rate and bubble rate are semi stable. The Eheim is on, however I don't see any media moving at all. I know that I have seen many other reactors and can see either media moving or movement of effluent in the chamber...am I supposed to be seeing no movement at all? For a while I couldn't even tell that the Eheim was on at all.

on mine I do not see media moveing either right now it only has water running though it. no bottle yet i will get one in a few weeks no rush for it as I can dose 3 part for now.

I know that I have seen many other reactors and can see either media moving or movement of effluent in the chamber...am I supposed to be seeing no movement at all? For a while I couldn't even tell that the Eheim was on at all.

No its an old school style non fluidized reactor.

Don

ya no movement in there man what you see is what you want.

Now is the time you want to start alk testing every other day and see what your Alk is doing and adjust every other test (if needed) very Slightly. Remember to Record your ALK readings on a piece of paper with the date so you can refer back to it. maybe write your self some notes on what is going on like drip rate and any adjustments you made next to the date so you can see how things react.

No its an old school style non fluidized reactor.

Don

ya no movement in there man what you see is what you want.

Now is the time you want to start alk testing every other day and see what your Alk is doing and adjust every other test (if needed) very Slightly. Remember to Record your ALK readings on a piece of paper with the date so you can refer back to it. maybe write your self some notes on what is going on like drip rate and any adjustments you made next to the date so you can see how things react.

Great stuff! Thanks Gentlemen!

Back