Calling all younger reefers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FalsePerc

Hey all,
Was just wondering how many teens-or-younger there are here at Reef Frontiers. I am a regular member of ReefCentral, and have made many friendships through a similar thread. I just found RF, and figured "What the heck, I'm always up for meeting someone new."

I'll start. The name's Mike, 14. Founder of Death by Dyeing.org, Webmaster of PAWS-LI.org, and Volunteer at WetWebMedia.com.

If this thread is anything even close to rivalling the success of the RC thread, I should be meeting very many people in a very small duration of time, and this thread will exceed 800 pages in length in less than a year.

I'm far away from the teen years, but wanted to extend a Welcome!

Im an 18 young hot blonde waitin to meet you to big guy! I like long walks in the LFS and my man buyin me lots and lots of beautiful corals=)

Hi, I'm Shilo and I'm 10 soon to be 11. I've had my own tanks for a couple years now. In fact I'm on my third tank. It's 40 gallons and I just got a pair of black ocerllaris clown fish (since we gave Elmo mean Clarkina the clarkii clown who has babies in another picture here). My mom hated her because she was mean. I do most of the work on my tank like feeding, checking water, topping off and making sure everything stays healthy and I'm trying to learn alot more. I feed and top off the other tanks too for my mom.

Shilo

Thanks all for the welcome!

Jiddy - :lol: I forgot, the other thread went like a singles chat for about 2 weeks before the "regulars" became known and it settled down.

Share pics of your tanks?

My name is Gabriela, i'm 21 but the same as JPloman i act like if i was 10, more when it comes to buying stuff for my tank :p

Wudup?

I'm 26, from Portland. Don't have any crazy websites or anything. Been reefin for a few years now...

Im 22. I love your avatar Fals Perc. Looks a lot like my old frog "Cow"
post-13-1089871832.jpg

I'm 21, but get mistaken for anywhere between 12-17, but people never can guess my real age :) I also didn't quite give up my love for being a kid and still love to do many things teens do :) Everyone tells me that I'll love looking younger the older I get, but right now it gets annoying. :) I'm in between tanks right now since I moved from WA about 3 months ago. In the process of setting up a 90g.

As a lot of other mentioned I am 40 and not even close to being a teen, but I don't feel like a teen and I can't bring myself to act like one anymore ;)....but it seems neat to me that so many younger folks are interested in this hobby. Welcome :D

Thanks. :)

15g AGA
150w DE 10,000k HQI MH Pendant
5g fuge
CPR BakPak 2R Skimmer
Daily 20% Water Changes (4 gallons)

2 Tomato Clowns
Yasha Goby/Randalli Snapper
Algae Blenny
Watchman Goby

The usual cleanup crew

14 Anemones - 9 stichodactyla tapetum, 1 Actinia sp. (name evades my memory atm), 1 GBTA, 1 RBTA, 2 Ritteris (split)

3 clams - 2 crocea, 1 maxima

SPS, LPS, Zoos, Rics

And Caulerpa, the demon weed. I am willing to pay BIIIG bucks for oxynoe viridis slugs (caulerpa eating slugs, look like nudis, hitch hike on caulerpa) if anyone has any.

Back