Can anyone help please?!?!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

crizzleb

I have had my 40 gal tank up for about a month and a half now and it had started to grow like see thru tube worms lookin things. It is starting to take over everything in the sand and starting to grow on the rocks. I am trying to figure out what it is if anyone knows of has had the same problem. I am new to the site and to the whole salt water thing in general. Here are some images hope u can see clearly The first picture it is the greyer stuff. Second on you can kind of see what it is.

Thanks for anyones help

pic.php

pic.php

Welcome to Reefrontiers!!! it's very hard to tell in those pics..their kind of blurry....has your tank finished cycling yet??? also, tell us a little bit about what is in your tank..

I have about 20 lbs of live rock in there and about 5 or 6 pieces of live rock rubble. Just recently added little piece of candy cane, zoas, and a HUGE torch. Everything seems to be doing well that is just taking over the sand and now starting to try for the rocks and side of the glass. It has cycled all the way. I have an experienced guy helping me out but he has been busy lately to help me figure it out.

15k 175 watt metal halide lighting.
Aqua c protien skimmer w/ maxi jet 1200 and pre skimmer box

They are hard to take photos of becasue they are almost see thru.

maybe they are just some sort of tubeworm, and i use that loosely!.maybe someone else will know exactly what they are

if they have whiteish "tubes", with translucent fans at the top with white bands on the fans, then they're tubeworms. I got the same things. i got mine with the rock. no worries yet :D

yeah tehy are whitish see thru tubes but minus the fans. They multiplied like no other. How if they are infact tube worms do you get rid of them?

Welcome to RF!:) I agree...Very hard to tell by the pics. Have you tried doing a search on tube worms to see if they looked alike? I have a picture saved on my computer home with a closeup of mine so if you don't find out before then, I'll post a pic of mine. Good luck:)

Yeh I have only found pics of the tube worms when they are old and long and not young and little if that is what they are.

Back