Can anyone identify this?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mahoney

I put in a new piece of live rock a few weeks ago, and noticed this on it:

(small reddish anemone like top, with long neck. In-between hammer coral "heads" in both pictures. 1st picture: it's in the center of the picture. 2nd picture: it's on the right hand side in the heads of the hammer coral. There are two of them in total)

img3519kd.jpg

img3518br.jpg

ACK! how do i get rid of it without it infesting my tank!??! I had some peppermint shrimp that got rid of the aptasia really well.....

Take the coral out and just pick it off. They dont set their foot into holes usually so they come off fairly easy. Otherwise you will have to dig it out and rinse that area real good before you put it back.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Oh man... i've never moved so quick.... i plucked that coral out of there and flicked those pests right off! Thanks for saving me from a horrible infestation!!! I just hope it's just those two.... I'll keep my eye out for them! I can't thank you enuf!

Oh man... i've never moved so quick.... i plucked that coral out of there and flicked those pests right off! Thanks for saving me from a horrible infestation!!! I just hope it's just those two.... I'll keep my eye out for them! I can't thank you enuf!

Watch all your new coral before you put it in the tank. Make sure you dip all of them in something like coral rx or melafix. Inspect them real good. I find majanos in zoa colonies from the local LFS as well as online retailers and other individuals quite often. They are usually the red or green ones. They get stuff in wild caught, and they cant always catch what might be on them.

looks like a majano or aptasia

lol, mfinn, please please dont take this the wrong way, its just your post made me smile, how many hundreds of times have we all seen a poster post a pic asking "Identify this?" and ok course, 90% of the time the answer is, Looks like Majano to me... lol. Which of course, it usually is...
I just had this mental image in my head, I'm weird what can i say...

Newbie... Can anyone identofy this?
Elephant-elephants-28788752-1024-768.jpg

Looks like Majano to me...

It's Evil! It's the thing that goes bump in the night! Get rid of it quickly and save yourself great pain and worries later. Heed my advice or face the it's doom.

Back