Can these two corals touch?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cookie

cat
I was wanting to know if my green star polyps and yellow polyps would be ok if they are only about two inches apart from each other? I know that some corals in the same family (like frogspawn and hammer) can even touch and not be bothered.

Can these two be next to each other?

I've seen the yellow polyps sting a leather so bad a hole actually developed in the stalk.
I have never seen any stinging ability with the gsp, over the ability to smother very quickly.

I've heard, from a reliable source, that GSP has the alleopathic ability to kill corals, IN THE OCEAN, at a distance of many meters. If it can do that in the ocean, what can it do in our tanks? I have GSP and Yellow Polyps in my tanks, sometimes unfortunately...lol. I've seen GSP keep Zoanthids from opening, without even touching. This went on for quite some time, until I removed the GSP from being so close to the Zoanthids. I have Yellow Polyps growing and touching various Zoanthids, Kenya Tree and Xenia, with no apparent damage. Both are quite aggressive in their growth, IMO.

Back