Can you dissolve hardened PVC glue?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Electrokate

Hi,
So is there a solvent that can undo PVC cement? Just have to ask before I chuck these old bulkheads I have and buy new ones.
Also some people insist that you can buy bulkheads at Home Depot but I have been to 8 H. Despots in 2 states and all deny it as does Lowes and a couple other chains. So which is it? Can you get bulkheads at Home Despot or is that a myth? I can get them from an online place I trust so it's no big deal, just wondering.
Thanks,
Kate

In the past you could buy bulkheads at HD. Don't think they would be a hot seller so I wouldn't be supprised if they stopped. No you can't dissolve the glue. It works by melting the pvc more of a weld than glue.

Don

Just last weekend I went looking for Bulkheads at HD and Lowes but to no avail. They dont carry them anymore:(

Cool... There is an Ace down the street and I like them better. Thanks! I figured you could not undo pvc glue but had to ask.
Working on the next big project which involves undoing quite a lot of glue. I was warned :) Free tank, needs a lot of cleaning.
Thanks,
Kate

Back