Can you have two gobies in a tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

class clown

I know two blennies typically don't mix, but is the same true for gobies? I already have a blue jaw sleeper goby and I'd like to add a yellow watchman goby too. Will these two guys mix? anyone ever have any problems w/ two?

yes but not happily!

yeah I have 2 but one lives in the overflow. I have not witnessed it but it may get chased there by the other.
Travis

I have had a yellow watchman and a pink bar gobies in together. i gave them both their own pistol shrimp, but when the pink bar's shrimp died he moved in with the yellow watchman.
5a43b806.jpg

I have had a yellow watchman and a pink bar gobies in together. i gave them both their own pistol shrimp, but when the pink bar's shrimp died he moved in with the yellow watchman.

Wow - unbeleivable. How cute & funny - certainly not something you see everyday.

coool JR. Well, just got the yellow watchman home and getting ready to release him from the bag. My blue jaw is a scardy cat and hides from everything, so I think I'll be pretty ok.

A couple weeks ago I put in a gray watchman and a pistol shrimp. A couple days later I put in a yellow watchman and a red pistol shrimp. The gray watchman got into a bit of a fight with the newly added red pistol and I haven't seen the red pistol since the first day. The two watchman seem to get along fine. The one pistol made a home for the gray watchman... left him for a few days and built a home for the yellow guy and then returned to the his first buddy and they have remained buddies for a couple weeks now. I still don't know what happened to the red pistol... I hope he isn't dead in the rocks somewhere!

Back