Can you help my gaping Crocea? Picture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nanoreefer411,

That clam looks pretty good. I've had one Crocea under 4 65watt pc's for over 2.5 years and it looks better than when I bought it when it was under 4 400watt Halides at the lfs. Since I added a halide several months ago all my clams look very good now.

Sometimes he opens so far you can see completely inside him. I didn't think this was normal. Thank you for saying he looks okay. His color is coming back better now. He was under 2 400 watt mh at the LFS when I bought him. He bleached really bad. His color is just starting to come back pretty nice. I'm looking for a very special Maxima so my Blue can have a friend. =) When ever I go to clamsdirect.com everything is sold out! Does anyone know of any other websites that sell nice Maxima's?

Danno14 on this forum sells nice maximas. :)

I got a nice teardrop maxima from him recently.

All 3 of my croceas gaped for 2 to 4 weeks after I bought them from ClamsDirect last August. Croceas are known to do it much more frequently than other clams. In other clams it's a sign of stress, but not necessarily in croceas. All of mine recovered from it. If it was a maxima, I'd be more concerned.

If it was a maxima, I'd be more concerned

Like said above, Tridacna crocea seem to gap a little more than the other Tridacnids and I am not concern but if a maxima gaps then I get real concerned.

By the way, we also sell that clam book on our web site and if you order and say that you saw it on Reef Frontiers, we will ship for FREE!

Like said above, Tridacna crocea seem to gap a little more than the other Tridacnids and I am not concern but if a maxima gaps then I get real concerned.

By the way, we also sell that clam book on our web site and if you order and say that you saw it on Reef Frontiers, we will ship for FREE!

How many clams do I have to order to get free shipping. I'm going to restock my new tank in a few months. I'm thinking at least 8 to 10 clams.

Don

10 clams get your FREE shipping and with the book, it is 44.95 on the web site but that includes 5.00 for shipping but will adjust it to 39.95 when you mention that you saw it on RF.

10 clams get your FREE shipping and with the book, it is 44.95 on the web site but that includes 5.00 for shipping but will adjust it to 39.95 when you mention that you saw it on RF.

Thanks Barry, I already have the book but I will hit you up for the ten clams as soon as the new tank is done. I just lost all my monsters and am itching to get them all replaced.

Don

Back