Can you relate?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
Sooo... My dog jumps onto the bed tonight while chewing on something. Happy as can be, I let her keep chomping until it got anoying and then I yank it out of her mouth and what do I find?? A snail...alive. I put it back into the tank and it is nice and happy again. Just thought it was stupid funny...

Sooo... My dog jumps onto the bed tonight while chewing on something. Happy as can be, I let her keep chomping until it got anoying and then I yank it out of her mouth and what do I find?? A snail...alive. I put it back into the tank and it is nice and happy again. Just thought it was stupid funny...

Definetly...My lab is 6 1/2 months old and she's already had one stomach surgery.:(:(:(

that's an awesome story! imagine if it were a dead snail... you'd have to wash your dog's mouf x100 to get the "dead-snail-stank" out. :p

Stomach surgery?? Tell me it wasn't from eating fish tank stuff!

No, it wasn't fish tank related. She ate something and it caused a blockage. Even after the surgery we wern't able to figure out what she ate. I joke that she ate my truck canopy since that is what we were going to spend the money from the $1600.00 vet bill on.

Jason

My dog sticks to pinecones, socks, underwear and kitty doo, eww. How did your dog get a snail? I assume the snail didn't jump out, lol.

My dog sticks to pinecones, socks, underwear and kitty doo, eww. How did your dog get a snail? I assume the snail didn't jump out, lol.

Actually I'm betting that the snail just crawled it's way out and when it realized it was out of water, it let go and fell to the ground. I have no snails in the sump and the refugium is a 55 gallon tank on a stand...so other than the snail jumping out, I don't see how the heck she got ahold of it. That's why I sat there in bed and said, "What the heck?"

Haha, both of my dogs steal my Wife's undies. It's funny to watch them run away with a thong hanging from their mouth..

Last edited:
I can some what relate. One day I was preparing dinner in the kitchen. I hear my Fiance yelling at my Boston Terrier Cupid. Get that out of your mouth. She thought he had brought in some leaves from outside and eating it by the fish tank. As she approached him to get the "leaves" from him. She was like WTF are you eating? Well it wasn't leaves he was eating it was my Mystery Wrasse that just went carpet surfing because he was swimming all happily in the tank about 10 minutes before the whole incident! It was a rather expensive snack for Cupid!

I can some what relate. One day I was preparing dinner in the kitchen. I hear my Fiance yelling at my Boston Terrier Cupid. Get that out of your mouth. She thought he had brought in some leaves from outside and eating it by the fish tank. As she approached him to get the "leaves" from him. She was like WTF are you eating? Well it wasn't leaves he was eating it was my Mystery Wrasse that just went carpet surfing because he was swimming all happily in the tank about 10 minutes before the whole incident! It was a rather expensive snack for Cupid!

Oh wow! That's horrible! At least it was resourced in some kind of way. I guess better than the several times I have found Six line Wrasses dead and dried on the floor with my cats smacking them around like a hockey puck...

Back