carbon and phosban?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yes dood, so is that bad? or is it normal? because man it stinked like nobody's business
Did your media sit stagnant (in a filter bag)?
I would think that if there was a sulfide smell, it would not be a good thing.

I dumped my filter canister out and rinsed everything thoroughly in tap water.

Did your media sit stagnant (in a filter bag)?
I would think that if there was a sulfide smell, it would not be a good thing.

no dood it was in the two little fishies reactor.
i decided not to put it back and just dumped the media and clean the reactor....just in case.

So what do you guys use to push the carbon? I have been just throwing it into a filter bag and into my sump, but I want to push it through something?

that's what i do too, jsut in a little baggie.
i believe there's some sort of reactor... i think boomer had a link to it.

So what do you guys use to push the carbon? I have been just throwing it into a filter bag and into my sump, but I want to push it through something?

I have some refillable filter cartridges that fit a standard filter canister (like the sediment and carbon filters before your RO membrane). I have used a maxijet1200 (modified by attaching a pvc union onto the pump outlet) to force water through at a not-too-fast rate. More recently, I have T'd into my skimmer feed line (Between the pump and the skimmer. Since I have a gate valve to reduce flow into the skimmer, I figured I has the extrea pump capacity) and installed a ball valve and a union so I can just tap into it when I want to run a filter canister.

(note the two almost consecutive posts, answering different questions - just trying to "Krish-up" my post count as I near 1,000 ...)

Last edited:
I use a reactor with a maxi jet 1200 and a ball valve that came with it!!

(note the two almost consecutive posts, answering different questions - just trying to "Krish-up" my post count as I near 1,000 ...)

LOL!!! Almost there man! Just think it took you less than 1000 posts before you became MOTM...Me, it took a few thoudsand :lol:

Back