Carbon Source

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ok I got into conversation with Mojo when he came the house awhile back been research ORP ever since because a know a FEW who use it buts all the info gets pretty technical like running a Ca Reactor gets but then you find out its not that hard if explained simply.
I will continue on the ORP side thank you.

ORP is oxidation reduction potential. Its really very simple to run Ozone (O3). First you need an ozone generator, O3 is fed into your skimmers air intake. Next you need an ORP controller. The probe reads the tanks OPR reading and turns the O3 generator on and off at your desired orp settings. Its really just that simple BUT like any thing else there is a BUT. 03 run wild will nuke your tank quick so you need to take good care of your ORP probes. Secondly you need to rig up a carbon filter system. The water leaving the O3 reactor or skimmer needs to be run through carbon. Lastly the vapor should be carbon filtered so you dont have straight excess O3 vapors entering your living spaces.

Don

I was also experimenting with this
du7u8aje.jpg

A Sulfur Denitrator works pretty good but finding the SWEET spot was at times hard.

Well thats an easy fix. First your valve is the wrong valve you need a needle valve. Next your feed pump is not the best option. BUT if you want to try needle valve with the aqua lifter put the aqua lifter on the output side of the reactor sucking instead of pushing. The best option is an elcheapo peri pump set up to pull on the output.

Don

ORP makes since it will be my Dec experiment then. And the Aqua lift was for suck but it sucked at it haha. I had really good reading coming out just no a consistent flow also due to gas buildup in the reactor.

Ok I just returned from lowes with a small 160+ GPH pump, I'm going to test it out and see it I can get a even flow through the reactor. But sticking with the Carbon dosing but watching my reading.

My sps and lps plus softies are growing like mad bit just trying new technics to see for growth, color, ect plus I'm trying to see if I can get my tank to spawn. It can be done but it has to be right on the spot.
2a8e3a6y.jpg
erarujer.jpg

Thanks Big time Don :). There's so many Combo of things you can do for your tank and with this Apex system it's allowed me to cut back on non needed equipment. I will have to post the question on running multiple things with one larger pump soon. Thanks again.
Darryl

Back