Caribsea PurpleUp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I used to use it before I went to natural saltwater and it worked quite well. Krish75 I belive is also using it now with good results

I have been using it for awhile and I just use it by itself. Works great. Took about 1.5 months before I started seeing results but I really like it.

Yeah, I'm using Purple up. Infact it was Andrew (ethanriley) who turned me on to it. Works great by itself...:)

macronut - I've never used it.....but I suggest monitoring your water parameters, and make sure they stay within their ranges.

macronut - I've never used it.....but I suggest monitoring your water parameters, and make sure they stay within their ranges.

I agree with Nikki. It keeps my parameters in check along with my IO salt mix, but I don't have any corals in my tank, so nothing really to use up the different elements. Not sure how it works on a system other than a FOWLR from my own experience.

tony2005 said:
never use it,from what i was told watch for your cal level

How about a little more detail on why to never use it. It also says on the bottle your ca level will spike for a short time after dosing but it should return to normal. That is exactly what I have noticed. Yes I am using it but, like Krish, I only have a FOWLR right now so I don't know beyond that.

Tim

Tim...Tony probably meant he never used it rather than we should never use it, but he'll have to clarify that. All my parameters like I said are just fine using the purple-up along with my weekly water changes using IO. I guess the real test of its effectiveness is on someones setup that consists of more than a just a FOWLR. Nevertheless, never had an issue with mine:)

i use purpleup, but i was told to watch the iodine levels...how about arag-milk..is it any good?

Back