Carlos 60 gallon new tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow beautiful tank. Everyone helping him out... you guys are awesome! Great job!

Algea!!!

Guys,

I have been raising my Magnesium for the past 2 weeks trying to control the hair algae. It looked like it was working but a few days back, it started to come back stronger. Now on top of the hair algae, I have a new algae taking over. I do 25% water changes every other week, I run carbon, phosband and UV sterelizer. My parameters are good too.

I'm thinking that the new lighting might have something to do with this. I changed my photoperiod since I got the new ones from 9 hours to 5 to allow corals some time to get used to it.

What do you guys think?

Did you ever get rid of the pest problem?
If the hair algae you are concerned about is on your rocks or a place you cant access, try turbo snails, emerald crab or a tang.

Damn it!

It is Caulerpa algae, HELP!
Why would you want to get rid of Caulpera? I always thought having some made it look more natural, just dont let it super overgrow or it can bully your corals.

Taking a break

Well, I think the time to take a break finally came. I wanted to thank everybody that helped me put together my tank and replied to ALL of my questions so patiently. I love this forum and this hobby and I sure will be back in the future. :cry:

Thank you all!!!

Back