Carrot in my sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

northstaraquatics

The Lone Reefer
I found a carrot floating in my sump yesterday. All I can guess is that a small critter was carrying it and dropped it on the way by. It was the type of baby carrot you would buy at the grocery store. I didn't see marks of being eaten or any signs of the culprit.

Jon

Do you have kids?
I maintain tanks, I put locks on the doors and canopy because of all the neat things I have found.
At home I have the childsafe cabinet locks on the inside of my doors. You know the ones that you can open a inch then have to push down on the plastic latch.

hehe well if you have children now you know what happened to the carrots :).
if not i'd do what Steve says, just put a lock in case this ever happens again.
I have a kid and i know how he loves seeing my sump he even dumped a nipple one time, so i put some sort of magnet locks in there and he can't open unless i open it with a key :D.

I forgot to mention the sump is under the house and the remaining kid is 18 and surprised as anyone. I threw some carrots out back for the deer 2 months back. They would have to have carried it 20+ feet and up another 7 ft. I should have started a good rumour like I was using it for aiptasia control, then everyone would have carrots in their sump.

Last edited:
northstaraquatics said:
No, I threw back out the yard for the deer. It was a little rubbery, but I can go get it and bring it to the meeting for you...

Jon
LMAO:D ....That is Good..

My wife found a sock in my top off water this week.:lol: I use a 7 gallon blue portable water container. I was getting tons of diatoms and could not for the life of me figure it out. My wife went to fill up the container and found a small sock. Hmmm I wonder which one did it.:lol:

I should have started a good rumour like I was using it for aiptasia control, then everyone would have carrots in their sump
LMAO

Brian

Back